Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes (toe) feeling "pretty close to 100%" heading into Super Bowl clash with Tampa Bay
Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes (toe) told reporters that he is "feeling pretty close to 100 percent" ahead of Sunday's Super Bowl showdown with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Mahomes is still recovering from a toe injury he sustained during the Chiefs' playoff win over the Cleveland Browns in January but appears to be almost back to normal. He told reporters on Tuesday that his toe "feels a lot better" and that it's "close to 100 percent". Our models expect Mahomes to complete 25.9 of 38.0 attempts against the Buccaneers on Sunday.
Mahomes' Super Bowl projection includes 289.7 passing yards, 2.5 passing touchdowns, 0.6 interceptions, 14.8 rushing yards, and 23.4 FanDuel points. The Chiefs are 3.0-point favorites over the Buccaneers in the Super Bowl and have an implied team total of 29.75 according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Culley: Houston's Davis Mills will start in Week 3's matchup against Panthers September 21st, 2021
- Tyreek Hill goes for 201 all-purpose yards in Chiefs' wild win September 12th, 2021
- Kyler Murray dominates Titans in Cardinals' blowout victory September 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) practices in full Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) logs full practice on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) limited on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) expected to play in Week 1 September 6th, 2021