Buccaneers' Antoine Winfield says ankle 100 percent for Super Bowl
Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie safety Antoine Winfield Jr. said his ankle is "100 percent" ahead of the Super Bowl against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Winfield is set to return for the Buccaneers after sitting out the NFC Championship Game. He will be tasked with preventing Tyreek Hill from getting behind Tampa Bay's secondary and also may be asked to occasionally keep Travis Kelce in check.
Winfield earned the second-best run defense grade and No. 10 pass rush grade from Pro Football Focus during the regular season. The Chiefs have earned the No. 1 offensive grade and the Buccaneers have earned the No. 4 defensive grade from PFF this postseason.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) questionable for Buccaneers in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021