Sammy Watkins officially questionable for Chiefs in Super Bowl
Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins (calf) is questionable for Super Bowl LV against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Watkins was upgraded to a full practice on Friday and is expected to be out there on Sunday for the first time since Week 16. Byron Pringle may be the odd man out behind Tyreek Hill, Watkins, Demarcus Robinson (COVID-19), and Mecole Hardman. Watkins averaged 5.5 targets per game during the regular season.
numberFire's models project Watkins for 4.7 targets and 6.4 FanDuel points in the Super Bowl. Pringle ran 14 of 31 routes from the slot in the AFC Championship Game, per Pro Football Focus, a distribution similar to what Watkins does when healthy. Watkins commanded a 12.6 percent target share from Weeks 12-16 during his last healthy stretch.
- Culley: Houston's Davis Mills will start in Week 3's matchup against Panthers September 21st, 2021
- Texans place Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) on injured reserve September 21st, 2021
- Browns place Jarvis Landry (knee) on IR September 21st, 2021
- T.J. Hockenson leads Lions, scores again September 21st, 2021
- Lions' Amon-Ra St. Brown records 18 yards September 21st, 2021
- Packers' Robert Tonyan scores first touchdown September 21st, 2021
- Marquise Brown (ankle) active for Ravens Sunday night September 19th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Baltimore's Marquise Brown (ankle) remains sidelined on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Trenton Cannon released by Ravens Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Mark Andrews quiet for Ravens in Monday night loss September 14th, 2021