J.J. Watt granted release from Texans
The Houston Texans released defensive lineman J.J. Watt.
Watt and the Texans are mutually parting ways after the three-time Defensive Player of the Year asked to be released. He has spent every year of his career with the Texans after being selected in the first round back in 2011. Watt will turn 32 next month.
Watt recorded 5.0 sacks and 14 tackles for loss with a pick-six and a pair of forced fumbles across 16 games last season. He graded out in the top-10 overall among defensive ends on Pro Football Focus and finished in the top-20 as a pass-rusher.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Jaguars reportedly sign Marvin Jones to 2-year, $9.2 million fully guaranteed deal March 16th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Texans sign Tyrod Taylor to one-year deal worth up to $12.5 million March 16th, 2021
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Schefter: Deshaun Watson officially requests trade from Texans January 28th, 2021
- Kenny Stills reportedly visiting Bills December 30th, 2020