J.J. Watt granted release from Texans
The Houston Texans released defensive lineman J.J. Watt.
Watt and the Texans are mutually parting ways after the three-time Defensive Player of the Year asked to be released. He has spent every year of his career with the Texans after being selected in the first round back in 2011. Watt will turn 32 next month.
Watt recorded 5.0 sacks and 14 tackles for loss with a pick-six and a pair of forced fumbles across 16 games last season. He graded out in the top-10 overall among defensive ends on Pro Football Focus and finished in the top-20 as a pass-rusher.
- Pittsburgh's JuJu Smith-Schuster reportedly seeing 'limited to no outside work' during training camp July 30th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury July 30th, 2021
- Belichick: New England's Damien Harris 'can compete for the top role now' July 29th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Chase Edmonds reportedly the favorite to be Cardinals' featured back July 8th, 2021
- Cardinals' Rondale Moore excelling at "making the first guy miss" June 21st, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season June 10th, 2021
- Austin Dean starting for Cardinals Sunday afternoon April 11th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021