Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks
The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to trade quarterback Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
The second-round pick can become a first if certain conditions are met, though the trade will not become official until the new league year starts on March 17. Wentz is coming off the worst season of his career in which he tied for the league-lead with 15 interceptions and was eventually benched for second-round rookie Jalen Hurts. Wentz will be reunited with former Eagles offensive coordinator Frank Reich, who is now the head coach of the Colts. The former No. 2 overall pick turned 28 in December.
Wentz averaged 17.8 FanDuel points last season, finishing No. 21 among quarterbacks. He earned a career-low 65.0 grade from Pro Football Focus that ranked 31st at his position. Wentz also added the fewest Passing Net Expected Points per dropback among 24 quarterbacks with at least 400 dropbacks.
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Culley: Houston's Davis Mills will start in Week 3's matchup against Panthers September 21st, 2021
- Texans place Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) on injured reserve September 21st, 2021
- Browns place Jarvis Landry (knee) on IR September 21st, 2021
- T.J. Hockenson leads Lions, scores again September 21st, 2021
- Lions' Amon-Ra St. Brown records 18 yards September 21st, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz reportedly sprained both ankles September 20th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankle) sidelined against Rams, Jacob Eason now under center September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman (ankle) active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) ruled out for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts "confident" Parris Campbell (abdomen) will play in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman Jr. (ankle) expected to play Week 2 September 19th, 2021