Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson's agent tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that Wilson would be willing to waive his no-trade clause for the Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Las Vegas Raiders, or Chicago Bears.
Wilson has not requested a trade but things certainly seem to be heading in that direction. The veteran quarterback uncharacteristically expressed frustration earlier this season over "getting hit too much" and also said he would like more say in personnel decisions. There are also reports that Wilson's discontent runs beyond what he has revealed publicly, including wanting the offense to go through him more. Wilson turned 32 at the end of November and is under contract until 2024.
Russ ranked 19th in Passing Net Expected Points per dropback last season among the 35 quarterbacks with at least 250 dropbacks. He has been sacked 394 times in 144 regular-season games, including 47 in 2020. According to ESPN Stats & Information, that's the most in a player's first nine seasons since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Seahawks' Jamal Adams (shoulders, fingers) will require offseason surgery January 10th, 2021
- Seattle's Rashaad Penny inactive for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 9th, 2021
- Alex Collins promoted to Seattle's active roster for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (knee) questionable for Wild Card clash with Rams January 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Carlos Hyde (illness) available for Saturday's game against Rams January 5th, 2021