Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott agree to new contract
The Dallas Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott have agreed to a new contract.
Prescott was due to hit free agency this offseason if he and the Cowboys were unable to come to terms on a new deal, but it now appears that the two sides have reached an agreement to keep the start quarterback in Dallas. While the terms have yet to be released, we do know from previous negotiations between the two parties that Prescott has been seeking a long-term deal.
Prescott was on pace to shatter league records last season before a brutal, freak injury ended his season. He had been averaging a whopping, league-best 371.2 passing yards per game while trying to keep up with the team's league-worst defense, in addition to a strong 8.4 yards per pass attempt. The Cowboys had been holding out in hopes that Prescott would accept a below-market deal (especially after signing running back Ezekiel Elliot to a blockbuster deal last offseason), but it would seem now that the team has met their quarterback's demands.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott agree to new contract March 8th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott (calf) looks fresh in Week 16 return against Eagles December 28th, 2020
- CeeDee Lamb scores via air, ground for Dallas December 28th, 2020
- Michael Gallup gains 121 yards, scores twice in Cowboys victory December 28th, 2020
- Cowboys' Andy Dalton explodes for 377 yards and 3 touchdowns in Week 16's divisional win over Eagles December 28th, 2020