Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott agree to new contract
The Dallas Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott have agreed to a new contract.
Prescott was due to hit free agency this offseason if he and the Cowboys were unable to come to terms on a new deal, but it now appears that the two sides have reached an agreement to keep the start quarterback in Dallas. While the terms have yet to be released, we do know from previous negotiations between the two parties that Prescott has been seeking a long-term deal.
Prescott was on pace to shatter league records last season before a brutal, freak injury ended his season. He had been averaging a whopping, league-best 371.2 passing yards per game while trying to keep up with the team's league-worst defense, in addition to a strong 8.4 yards per pass attempt. The Cowboys had been holding out in hopes that Prescott would accept a below-market deal (especially after signing running back Ezekiel Elliot to a blockbuster deal last offseason), but it would seem now that the team has met their quarterback's demands.
- Matthew Stafford (thumb) leaves Rams practice early, X-rays negative August 3rd, 2021
- Jets rookie receiver Elijah Moore has been "unstoppable" in training camp August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "letting it rip" this offseason August 2nd, 2021
- Calvin Ridley has had "no setbacks" after offseason surgery August 2nd, 2021
- Jonathan Taylor drawing plenty of targets in Colts' passing game August 2nd, 2021
- 49ers' coach Kyle Shanahan would be "very surprised" if rookie Trey Lance starts Week 1 August 2nd, 2021
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August July 26th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ankle) starts camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper could miss start of training camp July 8th, 2021
- Ezekiel Elliott moving more swiftly for Cowboys July 2nd, 2021
- McCarthy: Cowboys' Michael Gallup has been 'moved around some and in the slot' this offseason June 10th, 2021