Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed quarterback Tom Brady to a one-year contact extension.
Brady is now signed through 2022 and the move frees up $19 million in cap space for the reigning Super Bowl Champions. The Buccaneers also placed the franchise tag on Chris Godwin earlier this week and Rob Gronkowski is expected to return to play for the only NFL quarterback he's ever known, so Brady should have no problem putting together another successful campaign in 2021. Brady will be 44 by the start of next season.
Brady averaged 21.8 FanDuel points per game during his first year with Tampa Bay and added the seventh-most Passing Net Expected Points per dropback among the 44 quarterbacks with 100-plus dropbacks.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (knee) active for Super Bowl Sunday February 7th, 2021
- Antonio Brown (knee) questionable for Buccaneers in Super Bowl February 5th, 2021