Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed quarterback Tom Brady to a one-year contact extension.
Brady is now signed through 2022 and the move frees up $19 million in cap space for the reigning Super Bowl Champions. The Buccaneers also placed the franchise tag on Chris Godwin earlier this week and Rob Gronkowski is expected to return to play for the only NFL quarterback he's ever known, so Brady should have no problem putting together another successful campaign in 2021. Brady will be 44 by the start of next season.
Brady averaged 21.8 FanDuel points per game during his first year with Tampa Bay and added the seventh-most Passing Net Expected Points per dropback among the 44 quarterbacks with 100-plus dropbacks.
- Giants' Kenny Golladay (hamstring) reportedly avoided serious injury August 4th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay leaves Giants' training camp session early August 3rd, 2021
- Nagy: Bears' Tarik Cohen "weeks away" from PUP activation August 3rd, 2021
- Jets' Michael Carter reportedly impressing at Jets camp August 3rd, 2021
- Matthew Stafford (thumb) leaves Rams practice early, X-rays negative August 3rd, 2021
- Jets rookie receiver Elijah Moore has been "unstoppable" in training camp August 2nd, 2021
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard (Achilles) not practicing to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Chris Godwin, Buccaneers unlikely to reach long-term deal July 15th, 2021
- Bucs ink Rob Gronkowski to one-year deal March 15th, 2021
- Tom Brady extending with Buccaneers through 2022 March 12th, 2021
- Tampa Bay uses franchise tag on Chris Godwin March 9th, 2021
- Cameron Brate (back) cleared to play in Super Bowl for Buccaneers February 7th, 2021