Packers lock up Aaron Jones with 4-year contract
The Green Bay Packers have signed running back Aaron Jones to a 4-year contract worth $48 million, with a $13 million signing bonus.
Jones was expected to become one the marquee free agents at the running back position when free agency opens up later this week, but the Packers managed to get their guy under contract without applying the franchise tag. Jones has been electric on the ground for the Packers (5.2 yards per carry over his career) and is one of the most dangerous pass-catching backs in the league. He should be expected to lead Green Bay's backfield yet again in 2021.
Jones has posted over 3,000 yards from scrimmage over the past two seasons and a total of 30 touchdowns. While Jones offers rare burst out of the backfield and a remarkable ability to shrug off tacklers, his skill in the passing game has turned him into one of quarterback Aaron Rodgers' favorite targets as well. Jones has over 45 receptions in each of the past two seasons with the sixth-most receiving yards at the position in that time. He'll be one of the top running backs off the board again in 2021 fantasy drafts.
- Russell Wilson (shoulder) still limited for Broncos October 5th, 2022
- Melvin Gordon (neck) to 'carry load' for Broncos October 4th, 2022
- Dak Prescott (thumb) reportedly out for Cowboys again Week 5 October 4th, 2022
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) still sidelined Tuesday for Colts October 4th, 2022
- Broncos sign running back Latavius Murray ahead of Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Bills' Jamison Crowder (ankle) out indefinitely October 3rd, 2022
- Packers' A.J. Dillon (knee) available for Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- AJ Dillon (knee) upgraded to full Thursday for Green Bay September 29th, 2022
- A.J. Dillon (knee) limited for Packers on Wednesday September 28th, 2022
- Randall Cobb (illness) active for Packers in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Packers' Christian Watson (hamstring) inactive in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Randall Cobb (illness) likely to play in Week 3 September 25th, 2022