Packers lock up Aaron Jones with 4-year contract
The Green Bay Packers have signed running back Aaron Jones to a 4-year contract worth $48 million, with a $13 million signing bonus.
Jones was expected to become one the marquee free agents at the running back position when free agency opens up later this week, but the Packers managed to get their guy under contract without applying the franchise tag. Jones has been electric on the ground for the Packers (5.2 yards per carry over his career) and is one of the most dangerous pass-catching backs in the league. He should be expected to lead Green Bay's backfield yet again in 2021.
Jones has posted over 3,000 yards from scrimmage over the past two seasons and a total of 30 touchdowns. While Jones offers rare burst out of the backfield and a remarkable ability to shrug off tacklers, his skill in the passing game has turned him into one of quarterback Aaron Rodgers' favorite targets as well. Jones has over 45 receptions in each of the past two seasons with the sixth-most receiving yards at the position in that time. He'll be one of the top running backs off the board again in 2021 fantasy drafts.
- Matthew Stafford (thumb) leaves Rams practice early, X-rays negative August 3rd, 2021
- Jets rookie receiver Elijah Moore has been "unstoppable" in training camp August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "letting it rip" this offseason August 2nd, 2021
- Calvin Ridley has had "no setbacks" after offseason surgery August 2nd, 2021
- Jonathan Taylor drawing plenty of targets in Colts' passing game August 2nd, 2021
- 49ers' coach Kyle Shanahan would be "very surprised" if rookie Trey Lance starts Week 1 August 2nd, 2021
- Pelissero: Packers working on acquiring Randall Cobb from Texans July 27th, 2021
- Aaron Rodgers officially arrives at Packers camp July 27th, 2021
- Rapoport: Aaron Rodgers plans to play for Packers this season July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Davante Adams, Packers break off extension talks July 23rd, 2021
- Schefter: Aaron Rodgers turned down extension offer from Packers July 20th, 2021
- A.J. Dillon to be utilized 'a lot more' in Packers offense July 19th, 2021