Packers lock up Aaron Jones with 4-year contract
The Green Bay Packers have signed running back Aaron Jones to a 4-year contract worth $48 million, with a $13 million signing bonus.
Jones was expected to become one the marquee free agents at the running back position when free agency opens up later this week, but the Packers managed to get their guy under contract without applying the franchise tag. Jones has been electric on the ground for the Packers (5.2 yards per carry over his career) and is one of the most dangerous pass-catching backs in the league. He should be expected to lead Green Bay's backfield yet again in 2021.
Jones has posted over 3,000 yards from scrimmage over the past two seasons and a total of 30 touchdowns. While Jones offers rare burst out of the backfield and a remarkable ability to shrug off tacklers, his skill in the passing game has turned him into one of quarterback Aaron Rodgers' favorite targets as well. Jones has over 45 receptions in each of the past two seasons with the sixth-most receiving yards at the position in that time. He'll be one of the top running backs off the board again in 2021 fantasy drafts.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Packers lock up Aaron Jones with 4-year contract March 14th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (chest) questionable to return to NFC Championship game January 24th, 2021
- Packers' AJ Dillon (quadricep) limited in practice Wednesday January 20th, 2021
- Packers "hopeful" AJ Dillon (quadriceps) can play in NFC Championship Game January 18th, 2021
- Packers' Marcedes Lewis (knee) doesn't practice on Wednesday January 13th, 2021
- Green Bay's Jamaal Williams (quad) not listed on Week 17's injury report January 1st, 2021