Patriots sign free agent tight end Jonnu Smith to four-year contract
The New England Patriots will sign free agent tight end Jonnu Smith to a 4-year, $50 million deal with $31.25 million in guaranteed money.
The Patriots had arguably the worst pass-catching group in the league during the 2020 season, and the team clearly made upgrading their offense a priority by signing Smith to a 4-year deal. Smith has a good chance of usurping wide receiver Julian Edelman as the Pats' top pass-catcher this season.
Smith offers elite athleticism at the tight end position, and, as coach Bill Belichick noted previously, is one of the best tight ends in the league at generating yards after the catch; Smith averaged 5.8 yards after the catch per reception this past season, the eighth-best mark in the league. Smith could be in for a massive fantasy season with the Patriots in 2021.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Patriots sign free agent tight end Jonnu Smith to four-year contract March 15th, 2021
- Rodger Saffold (ankle) not listed on Titans' Wild Card injury report against Baltimore January 8th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (knee/hand) available for Wild Card clash with Ravens January 8th, 2021
- Tennessee's Rodger Saffold (ankle) absent on Thursday January 7th, 2021
- Tennessee's Jonnu Smith (knee) absent on Thursday December 24th, 2020
- Tennessee's Corey Davis flames Lions for 110 yards and 1 touchdown in Week 15 December 21st, 2020