Pats continue signing spree, adding wide receiver Nelson Agholor
Free agent wide receiver Nelson Agholor has agreed to terms with the New England Patriots on a 2-year contract, Ian Rapoport reports.
Agholor is coming off of arguably his best season in the league, spending the 2020 NFL season with the Las Vegas Raiders after starting his career with the Philadelphia Eagles. Agholor will join tight end Jonnu Smith in the Patriots' 2021 free agency class.
Agholor thrived in his deep-threat role with the Raiders last season, posting career-highs in average depth of target (15.5 yards) and yards per target (10.9). The Pats sorely missed having a deep threat last season, relying on Damiere Byrd (who finished the season with 604 yards) to stretch the field in 2020. Agholor will likely compete with Smith and Edelman to become the team's top receiving option this season.
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- 49ers' Jeff Wilson (knee) placed on active/PUP list, out until at least Week 8 July 27th, 2021
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (groin) placed on active/PUP list July 27th, 2021
- Kadarius Toney activated off Giants' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Steelers expecting Najee Harris to be 3-down back July 27th, 2021
- Pelissero: Packers working on acquiring Randall Cobb from Texans July 27th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hamstring) reportedly will be ready for Patriots' training camp July 20th, 2021
- Damien Harris 'surefire No.1' in Patriots backfield July 13th, 2021
- N'Keal Harry requests trade from Patriots July 6th, 2021
- Patriots' Mac Jones forcing 'real competition' with Cam Newton June 21st, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021