Patriots sign former 49er Kendrick Bourne
The New England Patriots have agreed to terms with free agent wide receiver Kendrick Bourne on a 3-year, $22.5 million deal, Ian Rapoport reports.
Bourne entered the league as an undrafted free agent, but managed to carve out an important role in the San Francisco 49ers' offense in his four season with the team. While Bourne's season-long numbers won't jump off the page, he was a strong contributor in Kyle Shanahan's offenses with the 49ers.
Bourne will now compete with fellow free-agent-signings Jonnu Smith and Nelson Agholor for the Patriots' top pass-catching role in 2021. He posted a strong 9 yards per target and a career-high 667 receiving yards in 2020.
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hamstring) reportedly will be ready for Patriots' training camp July 20th, 2021
- Damien Harris 'surefire No.1' in Patriots backfield July 13th, 2021
- N'Keal Harry requests trade from Patriots July 6th, 2021
- Patriots' Mac Jones forcing 'real competition' with Cam Newton June 21st, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021