Saints re-sign Jameis Winston to one-year contract
The New Orleans Saints have re-signed quarterback Jameis Winston to a one-year contract worth up to $12 million.
Winston's future in New Orleans seemed dubious after the Saints restructured/extended Taysom Hill earlier in the week, but the team's Week 1 starter at the position now seems truly up in the air. Coach Sean Payton has claimed that he wants a true competition for the starting job this offseason, and Winston's willingness to re-sign all but guarantees one.
Winston played definitively behind Hill during the 2020 season, with Hill starting in each game that Drew Brees missed while the future Hall of Famer nursed a brutal ribs injury. That said, Winston has a more proven track record as a passer than Hill and could absolutely push for the starting job in 2021.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Saints re-sign Jameis Winston to one-year contract March 15th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021