Michael Carter flashing pass-catching chops for Jets
New York Jets running back Michael Carter has been strong as a receiver in OTAs already.
Carter, a fourth-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, was lauded for his pass-catching chops coming out of North Carolina, and has already been flashing those skills a week into OTA practices. The Athletic's Connor Hughes noted that the rookie made an impressive catch on a wheel route and that he is a "threat down the field." Earlier reports boldly claimed that the starting running back job will be Carter's sooner rather than later, but the Jets' plans for their backfield remain to be seen.
Carter is currently the RB36 in numberFire's preseason projections and is slated for 585 yards and 3 touchdowns on 136 carries with 239 yards and 2 touchdowns on 35 receptions. If he can garner a bigger share of the Jets' backfield work, Carter could be a big value option in PPR fantasy leagues.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shoulder) active for Football Team Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) could return for Jets in Week 2 September 13th, 2021
- Jets losing top OL Mekhi Becton (knee) 4-6 weeks September 13th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) ruled out for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 1 clash with Panthers September 10th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) ruled out for Jets in Week 1 September 10th, 2021