Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "throwing with more zip" than last season
Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has been "throwing the ball with more zip" during the 2021 offseason than he had been in 2020.
This is good news for Tagovailoa, who spent much of the 2020 offseason working his way back from a devastating hip injury suffered in his final collegiate season. Now another year removed from the injury and with an entire offseason of training and workouts, Tagovailoa seems primed for a breakout second season in the NFL (not to mention his completely revamped receiver corps, now featuring Will Fuller and Jaylen Waddle).
Tagovailoa's rookie season was awkward and underwhelming from a statistical standpoint, with the fifth-overall pick of the 2020 NFL Draft averaging just 6.2 yards per attempt over his 290 attempts (29th in the league). He's the QB23 in numberFire's early season-long rankings with an improved 6.7 yards per attempt mark
- Giants' Kenny Golladay (hamstring) reportedly avoided serious injury August 4th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay leaves Giants' training camp session early August 3rd, 2021
- Nagy: Bears' Tarik Cohen "weeks away" from PUP activation August 3rd, 2021
- Jets' Michael Carter reportedly impressing at Jets camp August 3rd, 2021
- Matthew Stafford (thumb) leaves Rams practice early, X-rays negative August 3rd, 2021
- Jets rookie receiver Elijah Moore has been "unstoppable" in training camp August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "letting it rip" this offseason August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins lift DeVante Parker off of PUP list August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins' Mike Gesicki one of three Miami tight ends placed on reserve/COVID-19 list on Sunday August 1st, 2021
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins working on down-field aggressiveness in practice June 23rd, 2021
- DeVante Parker "moving around" in the Dolphins' formation June 7th, 2021