Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray doesn't want to run as much as he did last season, he told reporters on Thursday.
After tallying 819 yards - 6.2 per attempt - and 11 touchdowns on the ground in 2020, Murray is looking to shake up his playing style. "Honestly, the way I see it is, my legs should be a luxury," he said said. "And it kind of wasn't like that last year. It was me having to run for us in a sense." Murray was banged up multiple times in his sophomore campaign, and less running should help him stay fresh during the new 17-game season format. However, this news could take a hit to his fantasy output, as rushing quarterbacks get a huge boost.
Our models currently project Murray for 4,494.67 passing yards, 27.23 passing touchdowns, 9.24 interceptions, 639.66 rushing yards and 8.50 rushing touchdowns this season. He's currently ranked as the No. 3 quarterback.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) "pretty confident he will play" September 26th, 2021
- Kingsbury: Arizona's DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) 'will be a game-day decision' in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) expected to play for Cardinals September 23rd, 2021
- Arizona's DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) sidelined on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Yadier Molina catching for Cardinals Monday September 20th, 2021
- Rondale Moore scores, leads Cardinals with 114 yards September 20th, 2021