Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray doesn't want to run as much as he did last season, he told reporters on Thursday.
After tallying 819 yards - 6.2 per attempt - and 11 touchdowns on the ground in 2020, Murray is looking to shake up his playing style. "Honestly, the way I see it is, my legs should be a luxury," he said said. "And it kind of wasn't like that last year. It was me having to run for us in a sense." Murray was banged up multiple times in his sophomore campaign, and less running should help him stay fresh during the new 17-game season format. However, this news could take a hit to his fantasy output, as rushing quarterbacks get a huge boost.
Our models currently project Murray for 4,494.67 passing yards, 27.23 passing touchdowns, 9.24 interceptions, 639.66 rushing yards and 8.50 rushing touchdowns this season. He's currently ranked as the No. 3 quarterback.
- James Robinson expected to lead Jaguars' backfield in snaps June 18th, 2021
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Pats' Mac Jones playing behind Jarrett Stidham in "every period" June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers looking like Patriots' WR1 for camp June 14th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season June 10th, 2021
- Austin Dean starting for Cardinals Sunday afternoon April 11th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray (ankle) returns to Week 17's clash with Rams January 3rd, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray (ankle) questionable to return in Week 17, Chris Streveler now under center January 3rd, 2021