Bengals hoping Joe Mixon improves in pass protection for 2021 season
Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon is aware that he needs to improve in pass protection this season, according to offensive coordinator Brian Callahan.
Callahan was emphatic in his praise for Mixon, stating that he "doesn't want Mixon to leave the field" and that Mixon "should be on the field every down". However, to get to that point, Callahan said Mixon has to improve pass protection-wise. Head coach Zac Taylor added that having Mixon on the field "makes us better, but that the same time, you don't need him on the field for 75 snaps a game."
numberFire's models project Mixon for 1,319.7 rushing yards, 8.40 rushing touchdowns, and 54.7 receptions on 72.9 targets for 392.4 receiving yards this season. He is the RB12 in our preseason projections.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow "focused on Week 1" following return to game action on Sunday August 29th, 2021
- Ja'Marr Chase having 'fantastic week' for Bengals August 26th, 2021
- Ja'Marr Chase continuing to struggle for Cincinnati August 23rd, 2021
- Bengals' Auden Tate could take snaps from Ja'Marr Chase August 23rd, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow out again for second preseason game against Washington on Friday August 18th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Mixon "accepting all challenges" heading into 2021 season August 11th, 2021