Lions' T.J. Hockenson primed for a "big season" in 2021
Detroit Lions' tight end T.J. Hockenson is "headed for a big season" according to the Detroit Free Press' Dave Birkett.
Hockenson is entering his third season in the NFL after being selected with the 8th overall pick in the 2019 draft. With Kenny Golladay now a member of the New York Giants, the Lions have a large vacancy in their pass game. Golladay had averaged 7.4 targets per game over his last three seasons. With Golladay injured for most of last year, Hockenson hauled in 67 receptions on 101 targets for 723 yards and 6 touchdowns.
numberFire's models project Hockenson for 79.9 receptions on 117.7 targets for 817.4 yards and 5.2 touchdowns in the upcoming season. He is the TE6 in our preseason projections.
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Eagles place Zach Ertz on COVID-19 reserve list September 20th, 2021
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (groin) active for Monday night's matchup against Green Bay September 20th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) officially questionable for Monday night September 19th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021