Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season
Los Angeles Rams running back Cam Akers reportedly has "no limitations" on how he can be utilized in the team's offense, according to Sean McVay.
Asked about Akers earlier in the month, McVay said "He’s obviously a great runner, but he’s got ability as a pass-catcher coming from the backfield, and we can displace him and put him in the slot or the outside receiver location, there’s not any limitations, but we’ll see how it comes to life." Akers saw just 14 targets in his rookie season, catching 11 of them for 123 yards and 1 touchdown. Consistent involvement in the passing game would provide a massive boost to his outlook, which already includes a role as the Rams' lead back.
numberFire's models project Akers for 1,445.9 rushing yards, 31.1 receptions, 42.2 targets, 253.2 receiving yards, and 14.75 total touchdowns this season. He is the RB7 in our preseason fantasy projections.
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- Texans acquire Anthony Miller in trade with Bears July 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard (Achilles) not practicing to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (knee) avoids PUP list to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Deshaun Watson reports to Texans' training camp on Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Rams' Cam Akers out for season with torn Achilles July 20th, 2021
- Rams' Matthew Stafford "better than advertised" so far this offseason June 21st, 2021
- Rams praise Cam Akers' pass-catching ability heading into 2021 season June 13th, 2021
- Rams trade Jared Goff, picks, to Lions for Matthew Stafford January 31st, 2021
- Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff January 31st, 2021
- Rodrigue: Rams 'unlikely to bring back' Malcolm Brown January 27th, 2021