Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract
The New York Jets and wide receiver Jamison Crowder have agreed to a renegotiated contract for the 2021 season.
Crowder has agreed to take less money to remain with the Jets for another season. He led the team with 89 targets last year, but Crowder is expected to see a reduced role after the Jets spent a second-round pick on slot receiver Elijah Moore and added Corey Davis and Keelan Cole in free agency. There was some hope that Crowder would be traded to free up looks for Moore and others, but the reworked deal likely indicates that the veteran will stick around for at least the beginning of the Zach Wilson era.
numberFire's models expect Crowder to be fourth on the Jets in targets (87.0) behind Davis (112.9), Denzel Mims (107.3), and Moore (92.4). He is currently the WR66 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Texans acquire Anthony Miller in trade with Bears July 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard (Achilles) not practicing to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (knee) avoids PUP list to start training camp July 25th, 2021
- Deshaun Watson reports to Texans' training camp on Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Michael Thomas (ankle) expected to miss start of Saints season July 23rd, 2021
- Rapoport: Davante Adams, Packers break off extension talks July 23rd, 2021
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Michael Carter flashing pass-catching chops for Jets June 7th, 2021
- Jets "love the progress" Zach Wilson has made June 7th, 2021
- Jets' Elijah Moore turning heads in OTAs June 7th, 2021
- Jets sign wide receiver Corey Davis to three-year deal March 15th, 2021