Gruden: Raiders want to get Henry Ruggs 'more involved in offense and not just be a decoy'
According to head coach Jon Gruden, Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs "looks much better than he did last season."
After a lackluster rookie season as Las Vegas' primary deep threat, the Raiders want to utilize their former first round pick in other ways including intermediate and shallow routes. Despite an expected drop in average depth of target (17.3), Ruggs' overall target volume and receptions should see a sizable increase from his 26-reception mark last season.
numberFire's models currently project the 22-year old wideout to haul in 55.9 receptions for 819.4 yards and 3.9 touchdowns on 89.3 targets.
- San Francisco's Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) doubtful for Week 3's game against Packers September 24th, 2021
- Bengals' Tee Higgins (shoulder) doubtful for Week 3's clash with Steelers September 24th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) listed as questionable on Giants' Week 3 injury report September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Diontae Johnson (knee) ruled out for Week 3's game against Bengals September 24th, 2021
- Minnesota's Dalvin Cook (ankle) questionable for Week 3's matchup against Seattle September 24th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) doubtful for Week 3's game against Dolphins September 24th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (ankle) registers DNP for Raiders again September 23rd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Derek Carr (ankle) questionable for Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Henry Ruggs records 113 yards, touchdown for Raiders September 20th, 2021