Bears' Justin Fields to play plenty of preseason reps
Chicago Bears rookie quarterback Justin Fields will get "a lot" of playing time in the preseason, per Albert Breer of SI.com.
Bears head coach Matt Nagy has insisted that Dalton will be the team's starting quarterback for Week 1, but if Fields performs well in the preseason, Nagy could be inclined to change his mind. Allen Robinson and the rest of the Bears' pass-catchers would carry higher upside if Fields were to be named starter.
Fields finished in the 98th-percentile in efficiency as a passer and he ranked 20th in yards on deep passes, per Pro Football Focus. numberFire's J.J. Zachariason's initial projections for Fields include 3,553 passing yards and 21.5 passing touchdowns with 367 rushing yards and 3.4 rushing scores.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) expected to play in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) questionable for Week 1 game against Rams September 10th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (back) limited for Bears again Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Bears reportedly sign wide receiver Breshad Perriman to 1-year deal September 2nd, 2021
- Tarik Cohen (knee) placed on PUP list, to miss Bears' first 6 games August 31st, 2021
- Bears' Tarik Cohen (knee) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Rams August 29th, 2021