Carson Wentz making positive impression with Colts' teammates
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz is making a positive first impression on his new teammates, writes Mike Wells of ESPN.
Wentz reportedly didn't have a great relationship with his teammates on the Philadelphia Eagles, but according to Wells, the transition has been "smooth" so far in Indianapolis. "He comes in and asks about my family, my sister and things like that," running back Nyheim Hines said. "As a new guy, it's pretty cool. It shows that he's caring and trying to take care of us." Hines added that Wentz has a "really pretty deep ball" and that he's "liked everything I've seen from him so far." Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton also said last month that Wentz's arm strength "jumped out" at offseason workouts. At least for now, things seem to be going well, both on and off the field, for the former No. 2 overall pick.
Wentz is the QB17 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him to throw for 3,977.9 yards with 29.5 touchdowns and 14.4 interceptions, with 287.4 rushing yards and 3.7 touchdowns. Wentz has finished as a top-15 quarterback in Total Net Expected Points per play just one time through five seasons. He should benefit from improved offensive line play, as the Colts ranked 7th in pass blocking last season, via Pro Football Focus, while the Eagles were 16th.
- Kenny Golladay leaves Giants' training camp session early August 3rd, 2021
- Nagy: Bears' Tarik Cohen "weeks away" from PUP activation August 3rd, 2021
- Jets' Michael Carter reportedly impressing at Jets camp August 3rd, 2021
- Matthew Stafford (thumb) leaves Rams practice early, X-rays negative August 3rd, 2021
- Jets rookie receiver Elijah Moore has been "unstoppable" in training camp August 2nd, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "letting it rip" this offseason August 2nd, 2021
- Jonathan Taylor drawing plenty of targets in Colts' passing game August 2nd, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz undergoing foot surgery, out 5-12 weeks August 2nd, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz set to rehab foot injury before deciding on surgery August 1st, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury July 30th, 2021
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Jonathan Taylor the 'main guy' in Colts' backfield June 30th, 2021