Ezekiel Elliott moving more swiftly for Cowboys
Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is "way quicker, way more elusive, more fluent" than he was in 2020, per Cowboys running backs coach Josh Hicks.
Elliott posted career-lows last year in rushing yards (979), yards per carry (4.0), rushing touchdowns (6), and 20-plus yard rushes (3). Hicks attributes that regression to "heavy feet" and believes that, after having worked with Elliott this offseason, the two-time NFL leader in rushing yards will return to form. Jon Machota of The Athletic echoed Hicks' praise, saying Elliott "looked fresh and explosive" during organized team activities in front of reporters last month. Elliott and the entire Cowboys' offense is due for a bounce-back season with a healthy Dak Prescott under center.
Elliott finished as the RB11 in standard leagues last year despite being the least efficient running back with at least 200 attempts (-0.04 rushing Net Expected Points per attempt). He is currently the RB8 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 266.7 carries, 1,232.7 rush yards, 63.6 receptions (83.2 targets), 509.0 receiving yards, and 13.4 touchdowns.
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Detroit's D'Andre Swift (groin) active for Monday night's matchup against Green Bay September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper has bruised ribs September 20th, 2021
- Tony Pollard splits Cowboys carries, rushes for 109 yards with touchdown September 20th, 2021
- CeeDee Lamb paces Cowboys with 8 catches, 81 yards September 20th, 2021
- Cowboys elevate guard Zack Martin off of COVID list September 13th, 2021
- Cowboys' Michael Gallup (calf) out at least 3 weeks September 10th, 2021
- Zack Martin (COVID-19) out for Cowboys' Week 1 contest against Tampa Bay September 6th, 2021