Justin Herbert at the center of Chargers' new offense
Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert will be at the center of the team's new offense, with the team wanting their system to "run through" the star sophomore.
Speaking on The Athletic Football Show this week, new Chargers head coach Brandon Staley said "I wanted our offense to run through Justin Herbert...I wanted him to make it work and I think that's what's been fun to sort of get started". Staley added that he believes that the most dangerous quarterbacks to defend are the ones that become the system. With a new head coach and a new offense, Herbert will look to build off his impressive rookie season heading into 2021.
numberFire's models project Herbert for 411 completions on 621 attempts for 4,713 passing yards, 34.11 passing touchdowns, and 11.2 interceptions this season. He is the QB7 in our preseason fantasy projections.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Chargers' Larry Rountree first in line behind Austin Ekeler September 13th, 2021
- Austin Ekeler (hamstring) active for Chargers in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Rapoport: Austin Ekeler (hamstring) will be a "full go" for Chargers in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Rapoport: Austin Ekeler (hamstring) expected to play for Chargers in Week 1 September 10th, 2021
- Chargers list Austin Ekeler (hamstring) as questionable for Week 1's matchup against Washington September 10th, 2021
- Chargers reportedly "optimistic" Austin Ekeler (hamstring) can play Week 1 September 9th, 2021