Cowboys' Amari Cooper could miss start of training camp
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper will be "cutting it close" when it comes to being ready for the start of training camp, according to Mike Fisher of Sports Illustrated.
"The team is scheduled to depart DFW for Oxnard training camp on July 20," Fisher wrote. "The first workout is scheduled for Thursday, July 22. Cooper, we're told, will be "cutting it close'' in terms of the rehab being complete just in time for a debut on that first workout day." However, the source later went on to specify that there isn't a concern about a long-term issue. Assuming he's healthy for Week 1, it should be a battle for top dog in the receiving corps in Dallas. Cooper and CeeDee Lamb figure to be the 1A and 1B options, with Michael Gallup filling in behind them for targets.
Our models currently project Cooper for 98.02 catches on 144.03 targets for 1,347.03 yards and 7.38 touchdowns.
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Amari Cooper (ribs) turns in limited session for Cowboys September 23rd, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper has bruised ribs September 20th, 2021
- Tony Pollard splits Cowboys carries, rushes for 109 yards with touchdown September 20th, 2021
- CeeDee Lamb paces Cowboys with 8 catches, 81 yards September 20th, 2021