Kenyan Drake 'expects to play a more versatile role with Raiders'
According to ESPN's Mike Clay, Las Vegas Raiders running back Kenyan Drake expects to play "a more versatile role."
Despite Josh Jacobs' role as the Raiders "main back", Drake is on track for pass catching responsibilities including repetitions out wide. Expect the 27-year old to see touches mostly on third downs or in passing situations with Josh Jacobs mostly handling rushing work. On 1,177 career receiving snaps, Drake has logged 68 snaps in the slot and 99 out wide.
For the 2021 season, numberFire's models currently project Drake to produce 27.7 receptions for 200.4 yards in addition to 593.2 rushing yards and 4.4 touchdowns on 134,8 carries.
- Pittsburgh's Diontae Johnson (knee) remains sidelined on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Odell Beckham (knee) to be Week 3 GTD for Browns September 23rd, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) missing from practice September 23rd, 2021
- Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (shoulder) DNP on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Amari Cooper (ribs) turns in limited session for Cowboys September 23rd, 2021
- Rams holding Darrell Henderson out with rib injury September 23rd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Derek Carr (ankle) questionable for Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Henry Ruggs records 113 yards, touchdown for Raiders September 20th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) ruled out for Raiders in Week 2 September 17th, 2021