Raiders expected to feed Henry Ruggs 'a lot of targets'
Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs is "the one receiver we can lock in for a lot of targets," according to Vic Tafur of The Athletic.
"Gruden hears the criticism of the Ruggs pick, so he is the one receiver we can lock in for a lot of targets," Tafur writes. The Raiders selected Ruggs ahead of every other wide receiver in last year's class, but the No. 12 pick finished his rookie year with just 26 receptions on 43 targets in 13 games. The departure of Nelson Agholor, whom finished second on the Raiders with 82 targets last year, should result in more opportunities for Ruggs in his sophomore season.
Ruggs is the WR51 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him to lead the Raiders receivers with 89.4 targets, 55.8 receptions, 822.6 yards, and 3.9 touchdowns. Ruggs (10.5) and Agholor (10.9) were the only two players on the Raiders last season to average more than 9.0 yards per target.
- Amari Cooper (ribs) turns in limited session for Cowboys September 23rd, 2021
- Rams holding Darrell Henderson out with rib injury September 23rd, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) absent for Vikings again September 23rd, 2021
- Trey Sermon (concussion) in non-contact jersey again for 49ers September 23rd, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Raiders' Derek Carr (ankle) questionable for Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Henry Ruggs records 113 yards, touchdown for Raiders September 20th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) ruled out for Raiders in Week 2 September 17th, 2021