Giants' Saquon Barkley remains without timetable for return to field
New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley remains without a timetable for being ready for full activities.
This comes straight from the (work)horse's mouth, as Barkley said this himself on The Rich Eisen Show. "I'm taking it day-by-day," he said. "[Timetables and Week 1 readiness] are conversations I actually haven't had yet so far with the trainers and the coaches." He went on to say that he's being advised just to take things slow and not rush anything. Should Barkley start training camp on the PUP (physically unable to perform) list, that would open up opportunities for Devontae Booker, Corey Clement, and the recently drafted Gary Brightwell. Keep an eye on Barkley's status as training camp nears.
Our models currently have Barkley as the No. 5 running back this season. They project him for 1,334.21 rushing yards on 289.69 carries with 10.98 touchdowns. They also have him earmarked for 65.65 catches on 89.75 targets for 492.45 receiving yards and 2.91 scores.
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (core) returning to practice ahead of Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) considered day-to-day September 27th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk playing time on rise September 27th, 2021
- Panthers to trade Dan Arnold to Jaguars September 27th, 2021
- Bears considering entire quarterback depth chart for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler done for year with torn ACL September 27th, 2021
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Giants rule out Darius Slayton (hamstring) for remainder of Week 3 contest September 26th, 2021
- Giants' Devontae Booker inactive for Week 3 clash with Atlanta September 26th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) listed as questionable on Giants' Week 3 injury report September 24th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021