Jahns: Chicago's Darnell Mooney looked 'more polished and explosive' during offseason
According to Adam Jahns, Chicago Bears wide receiver Darnell Mooney has "looked more polished and explosive" in OTAs and June's minicamp.
As Chicago's projected second receiver behind Allen Robinson, Mooney is expected to see a starting role with potential vertical utilization. On 94 targets last season, the 23-year old recorded 1.2 yards per route run and a 11.8 average depth of target while logging 20.5% of his slots in the slot and 78.7% out wide.
For the upcoming season, our models currently project Mooney to haul in 63.9 receptions for 745.6 yards and 4.7 touchdowns on 105.1 targets with a floor-ceiling range of 82.7 to 126.2 standard fantasy points.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Andy Dalton has knee bone bruise, Week 3 status for Bears TBD September 20th, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields filling in for Andy Dalton (questionable, knee) September 19th, 2021
- Bears' Andy Dalton (knee) headed to locker room; Justin Fields in at quarterback September 19th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) expected to play in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) questionable for Week 1 game against Rams September 10th, 2021