Damien Harris 'surefire No.1' in Patriots backfield
New England Patriots running back Damien Harris is the "surefire No. 1" backfield option, writes Mike Reiss of ESPN.com.
Reiss also said a couple weeks ago that Harris had a "decisive edge" as the Patriots' lead back over rookie Rhamondre Stevenson and cut-candidate Sony Michel. Patriots head coach Bill Belichick praised Harris for his preparation this offseason and overall work ethic. "He's got a lot of skill and he can contribute in a variety of ways, and he's looking to upgrade where he is in every area," Belichick added. Harris' ADP is RB31, per Fantasy Football Calculator, but he is the RB26 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings.
numberFire's models project Harris for 220.3 carries, 944.6 rush yards, 11.1 receptions (15.2 targets), 79.6 receiving yards, and 11.5 total touchdowns this season. Among all running backs in 2020, Harris earned the second-best offensive grade (90.3) and third-best rushing grade (86.9) from Pro Football Focus.
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Kareem Hunt paces Cleveland backs in dominant win over Chicago September 26th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Mike Williams scores twice in Chargers' Week 3 victory September 26th, 2021
- Chargers' Justin Herbert throws 4 touchdowns in upset win over Chiefs September 26th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- Patriots' James White (hip) carted off field Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021