Chris Godwin, Buccaneers unlikely to reach long-term deal
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and wide receiver Chris Godwin are not expected to reach a long-term extension by Friday's deadline, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Rapoport states that the Buccaneers still consider Godwin a "core player" and they resume long-term talks next offseason. "clearly value Godwin as a core player" Godwin recorded 75 yards and/or a touchdown in nine of the 12 games he played in last season. He was the only player on the Bucs to average over 10.0 yards per target on at least 20 targets, and Godwin also had the best catch rate (78.3 percent) among teammates with 50-plus targets.
Godwin ranked 14th in Reception Net Expected Points per target last season among 138 players with at least 50 targets. He is currently the WR16 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings and our models project him for 139.0 targets, 94.3 receptions, 1,178.5 yards, and 8.1 touchdowns.
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (core) returning to practice ahead of Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) considered day-to-day September 27th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk playing time on rise September 27th, 2021
- Panthers to trade Dan Arnold to Jaguars September 27th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Buccaneers place Antonio Brown on COVID-19 list September 22nd, 2021
- Buccaneers prefer Leonard Fournette in blitz pickup September 22nd, 2021
- Mike Evans bounces back for Buccaneers with pair of scores September 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski finds endzone twice in blowout victory September 19th, 2021