Jonnu Smith (hamstring) reportedly will be ready for Patriots' training camp
New England Patriots tight end Jonnu Smith is reportedly expected to be fully ready for the start of training camp, according to Doug Kyed of Pro Football Focus.
Smith, one of the many free-agent signings from the Patriots this past offseason, didn't participate in most of OTAs due to a hamstring injury. However, he's had over a month to get right, and it appears he will be fully ready to go when the Patriots return to the team facility to gear up for the 2021 season. Smith and Hunter Henry should be a dynamic duo for Bill Belichick and whichever quarterback - either Cam Newton or rookie Mac Jones - takes snaps to start the season.
Our models currently project Smith for 49.98 catches on 78.33 targets for 557.68 yards and 4.44 touchdowns this season.
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (rib) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) officially inactive for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) officially inactive for Week 3's clash with Seahawks September 26th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 3's game against Denver September 26th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (ankle) out for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Preston Williams inactive for Dolphins in Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Patriots' James White (hip) carted off field Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021