Report: Zach Ertz now has 'great chance' to stay with Eagles
Philadelphia Eagles tight end Zach Ertz is now expected to remain with the Eagles to start the season, reports team reporter Howard Eskin.
Eskin is hearing there is a "great chance" that Ertz will remain with the Eagles and that the tight end is "over the issues" he had with management over contract disputes. It looks like the 30-year-old veteran will play out the final year of his deal with the Eagles before likely hitting free agency next offseason. Ertz's return is a downgrade for Dallas Goedert's value, though the latter should still work as the No. 2 target on offense behind DeVonta Smith. Ertz didn't have more than 70 yards in any game last season and he finished with 36 catches for 335 yards and 1 touchdown in 11 contests.
Ertz averaged the fewest yards per target (4.9) out of every Eagles wide receiver and tight end to draw multiple targets last season, and he had the worst catch rate (52.9 percent) on the team out of anyone with at least 30 targets. Among the 26 tight ends with 50-plus targets last year, Ertz ranked last in Reception Net Expected Points per target and second-worst in yards per route run.
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) considered day-to-day September 27th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk bounces back in Week 3 September 27th, 2021
- Panthers to trade Dan Arnold to Jaguars September 27th, 2021
- Bears considering entire quarterback depth chart for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler done for year with torn ACL September 27th, 2021
- Panthers' keep Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) off of injured reserve September 27th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Eagles place Zach Ertz on COVID-19 reserve list September 20th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on Week 2's injury report against 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Zach Ertz (hamstring) limited participant in Eagles' Thursday practice September 16th, 2021