Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) opens training camp on PUP list
New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley is opening training camp on the Physically Unable to Perform list.
This always seemed to be a possibility, as Barkley is still in the process of recovering from a torn ACL. While the placing of him on this list can seem ominous, the current expectation is that the superstar rusher should be ready to go for Week 1. However, the situation should still be monitored as the regular season nears. Devontae Booker and Corey Clement figure to see large upticks in workload should Barkley be sidelined or even limited to start the year.
Our models currently project Barkley for 1,334.24 rushing yards on 289.70 carries for 10.98 touchdowns. They also project him for 65.72 catches on 89.75 targets for 490.89 yards and 2.91 scores.
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (core) returning to practice ahead of Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) considered day-to-day September 27th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk bounces back in Week 3 September 27th, 2021
- Panthers to trade Dan Arnold to Jaguars September 27th, 2021
- Bears considering entire quarterback depth chart for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler done for year with torn ACL September 27th, 2021
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Giants rule out Darius Slayton (hamstring) for remainder of Week 3 contest September 26th, 2021
- Giants' Devontae Booker inactive for Week 3 clash with Atlanta September 26th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) listed as questionable on Giants' Week 3 injury report September 24th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021