Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August
Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper (ankle) is expected to begin practicing after the team's August 13 preseason game, per Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
Cooper is recovering from an ankle procedure he had in early June. Jones also expects Cooper to be able to play some preseason snaps ahead of the Cowboys' Thursday night opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Cooper led the Cowboys with a 30.4 percent target share in four games with Dak Prescott under center last season, but his rehab and the development of CeeDee Lamb, may result in less volume in 2021.
Cooper is currently the WR11 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models expect him to barely out-target Lamb 143.0-135.9 while leading the Cowboys with 97.0 receptions for 1,350.8 yards and 7.35 touchdowns. Cooper led all Cowboys' skill-players with 0.73 Reception Net Expected Points per target last season.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Amari Cooper (ribs) turns in limited session for Cowboys September 23rd, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper has bruised ribs September 20th, 2021
- Tony Pollard splits Cowboys carries, rushes for 109 yards with touchdown September 20th, 2021
- CeeDee Lamb paces Cowboys with 8 catches, 81 yards September 20th, 2021