Rapoport: Aaron Rodgers plans to play for Packers this season
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers plans to play for the Packers this season, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Rapoport's sources say Rodgers has "indicated to people close to him" that he will spend at least one more season in Green Bay. General manager Brian Gutekunst also expressed some optimism about the situation, though he didn't say when Rodgers might join the team. The Packers report Tuesday for training camp and are scheduled to practice for the first time Wednesday.
Rodgers added the second-most Passing Net Expected Points per dropback of his career last season while recording his personal-best clip since 2011. He is currently the QB8 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings and our models project him to average 268.9 passing yards per game while throwing 35.04 touchdowns.
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Packers' Robert Tonyan scores first touchdown September 21st, 2021
- Green Bay uses A.J. Dillon sparingly in win September 21st, 2021
- Davante Adams paces Packers in victory September 21st, 2021
- Aaron Rodgers rebounds with 4 touchdowns as Packers roll September 21st, 2021
- Aaron Jones scores 4 times in Packers win September 21st, 2021
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021