Zach Wilson the only no-show for start of Jets camp
New York Jets rookie quarterback Zach Wilson is the only player on the team absent for the start of training camp.
Wilson, the No. 2 overall pick from April's draft, has yet to sign his rookie contract due to issues with offset language. The two sides will likely find a resolution soon and Wilson is fully expected to start Week 1 against the Carolina Panthers. Early reports on Wilson from OTAs and minicamp were promising.
Wilson's Total QBR was fourth best in the country during his final college season and his 10.8 adjusted yards per attempt against top-50 defenses ranked second in this year's draft class. He also averaged 7.1 rushing attempts per game over three seasons at BYU. Wilson is currently the QB19 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings, and our models project him to average 257.5 passing yards with 14.3 rushing yards per game while totaling 25.90 passing touchdowns and 2.37 rushing touchdowns this season.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) could return for Jets in Week 2 September 13th, 2021
- Jets losing top OL Mekhi Becton (knee) 4-6 weeks September 13th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) ruled out for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 1 clash with Panthers September 10th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) ruled out for Jets in Week 1 September 10th, 2021
- Jets' Michael Carter at bottom of depth chart September 7th, 2021