Saquon Barkley (knee) has chance to be ready for Giants' opener
New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley (knee) has a chance to be ready for Week 1 against the Denver Broncos, per Jordan Raanan of ESPN.
Giants head coach Joe Judge told Raanan that the team plans to take a "long-term" approach with Barkley in his return from an ACL injury. The uncertainty surrounding Barkley's status has caused his ADP to slowly trickle down from 1.04 to 1.06 over the past couple months. Devontae Booker and Corey Clement would presumably share backfield work if Barkley is unavailable for the start of the season.
Barkley is currently the RB8 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models expect him to average 102.3 yards from scrimmage per game while totaling 13.29 touchdowns this season.
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) considered day-to-day September 27th, 2021
- Panthers to trade Dan Arnold to Jaguars September 27th, 2021
- Bears considering entire quarterback depth chart for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Broncos' K.J. Hamler done for year with torn ACL September 27th, 2021
- Panthers' keep Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) off of injured reserve September 27th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Giants rule out Darius Slayton (hamstring) for remainder of Week 3 contest September 26th, 2021
- Giants' Devontae Booker inactive for Week 3 clash with Atlanta September 26th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) listed as questionable on Giants' Week 3 injury report September 24th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021