Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team
New York Jets rookie running back Michael Carter started training camp with the first-team offense.
The Jets are expected to use a committee approach in the backfield with Carter, Tevin Coleman, and Ty Johnson, but it's encouraging to see the fourth-rounder working with the starters early on. Carter's pass-catching ability allows him to contribute on all three downs and he is the favorite to lead the Jets' backfield in touches this season.
numberFire's models currently project Carter to lead the Jets' backfield across the board as a rookie, with 138.3 carries, 594.7 rush yards, 35.2 catches (47.2 targets), 243.4 receiving yards, and 5.11 touchdowns. Coleman is projected for 114.7 carries and 12.6 catches, with Johnson pegged for 83.2 rush attempts and 10.3 receptions. Carter is the RB36 in our preseason fantasy rankings, followed by Coleman (RB48) and then Johnson (RB58).
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) could return for Jets in Week 2 September 13th, 2021
- Jets losing top OL Mekhi Becton (knee) 4-6 weeks September 13th, 2021