Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string
New York Jets tight end Chris Herndon is working with the second-team to start training camp.
Tyler Kroft started camp as the Jets' starting tight end. Herndon played 16 games last season but caught just 31 passes on 45 targets for 287 yards and 3 touchdowns. Kroft could wind up being a reliable source of targets on a Jets' offense that lacks proven pass-catching talent behind Jamison Crowder.
Herndon averaged the fourth-fewest yards per route last season out of the 43 tight ends with at least 30 targets. He is currently the TE29 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- K.J. Osborn leads Vikings receivers in loss September 20th, 2021
- Vikings' Irv Smith (meniscus surgery) likely out for year September 1st, 2021
- Vikings acquire Chris Herndon from Jets August 31st, 2021
- Minnesota's Tyler Conklin (hamstring) practicing on Monday August 30th, 2021
- Vikings' Tyler Conklin (hamstring) expected back this week August 30th, 2021
- Minnesota's Irv Smith (meniscus) reportedly expected to miss start of regular season August 29th, 2021