Colts' Carson Wentz out indefinitely with foot injury
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz is out indefinitely with a foot injury, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Wentz injured his foot at the end of Thursday's practice and is undergoing extensive testing to determine the severity of the issue. Second-year quarterback Jacob Eason took the starter reps at Friday's practice and sixth-round rookie Sam Ehlinger played backup. Wentz was limited to 12 games last season and he missed five games in 2018.
Among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs last season, Wentz added the third-fewest Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. He averaged 17.8 FanDuel points per game, finishing 21st among quarterbacks. Wentz also earned a career-low 65.0 grade from Pro Football Focus that ranked 31st at his position.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz reportedly sprained both ankles September 20th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankle) sidelined against Rams, Jacob Eason now under center September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman (ankle) active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) ruled out for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts "confident" Parris Campbell (abdomen) will play in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman Jr. (ankle) expected to play Week 2 September 19th, 2021