Colts' Carson Wentz undergoing foot surgery, out 5-12 weeks
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz will undergo foot surgery and be out 5-12 weeks, head coach Frank Reich announced.
The Colts expect to have a more concise timeline once Wentz begins his rehab process. If Wentz winds up missing 12 weeks, he would make his Colts debut sometime in October. Jacob Eason has been working as the team's starter ahead of Sam Ehlinger, Brett Hundley, and Jalen Morton, but the Colts may decide to sign a veteran free agent or trade for another team's backup.
Among the 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs last season, Wentz added the third-fewest Passing Net Expected Points per drop back. He averaged 17.8 FanDuel points per game, finishing 21st among quarterbacks. Wentz also earned a career-low 65.0 grade from Pro Football Focus that ranked 31st at his position.
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Kareem Hunt paces Cleveland backs in dominant win over Chicago September 26th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Mike Williams scores twice in Chargers' Week 3 victory September 26th, 2021
- Chargers' Justin Herbert throws 4 touchdowns in upset win over Chiefs September 26th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankles) will start Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankle) participates in Colts' Friday practice September 24th, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021