Jonathan Taylor drawing plenty of targets in Colts' passing game
Indianapolis Colts running back Jonathan Taylor has reportedly been a major factor in the team's passing game during early training camp practices.
Per the Indy Star's Joel Erickson, Taylor led the team in targets during their 11-vs-11 drills, catching six passes over the course of two days. While the low volume here does imply that the team intends to spread its targets around in 2021, it also shows that Taylor has room to grow for fantasy football this season.
Taylor went on a tear (on the ground) to end the 2020 fantasy season, but didn't draw quite enough attention in the passing-game to enthrall fantasy mangers for the upcoming season. If he can develop his talents in the passing game, he could hold top-tier upside for fantasy this season. Still, as it currently stands, Taylor projects to finish as the RB5 in numberFire's 2021 projections.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz reportedly sprained both ankles September 20th, 2021
- Colts' Carson Wentz (ankle) sidelined against Rams, Jacob Eason now under center September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman (ankle) active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021