Bengals' Auden Tate could take snaps from Ja'Marr Chase
Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Auden Tate could take snaps away from first-round rookie Ja'Marr Chase, writes Paul Dehner Jr. of The Athletic.
Chase has struggled throughout the preseason, leading Dehner to speculate that the Bengals could give Tate a larger snap share to "alleviate pressure on the first-round pick." Tate caught 40 passes on 80 targets for 575 yards (14.4 yards per catch) and a touchdown in 2019, but his role was diminished last season and he caught just 14 passes in nine games before landing on injured reserve.
Tate added 0.51 Reception Net Expected Points per target last season, finishing below league average for wide receivers (0.71) and fifth among Bengals' pass-catchers. Tate is currently the WR106 in numberFire's fantasy rankings and our models project him to be out-targeted 41.3-129.3 by Chase this season.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling (hamstring, IR) uncertain for Packers October 26th, 2021
- Dyami Brown (knee) expected out through Washington bye October 26th, 2021
- Jerry Jeudy (ankle) will play in Denver's Week 8 matchup against Washington October 26th, 2021
- Michael Gallup (calf) eligible to return for Cowboys October 26th, 2021
- Packers place Allen Lazard on COVID-19 reserve list on Tuesday October 26th, 2021
- Baker Mayfield (shoulder) Week 8 return 'risky' for Browns October 26th, 2021
- Bengals activate Samaje Perine from COVID-19 list October 21st, 2021
- Joe Mixon (ankle) 'should get full workload' for Bengals October 15th, 2021
- Joe Burrow (throat) practicing in full for Bengals October 13th, 2021
- Joe Mixon (ankle) active at Bengals practice October 13th, 2021
- Bengals' Samaje Perine placed on reserve/COVID list October 11th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow (throat) taken to local hospital after Week 5 loss October 10th, 2021