Jaguars place Travis Etienne (foot) on injured reserve
The Jacksonville Jaguars placed rookie running back Travis Etienne on season-ending injured reserve with a Lisfranc injury.
Etienne will have to wait until the 2022 season to make his NFL debut after he injured his foot in the Saints' second preseason game. James Robinson is the favorite to lead the Jaguars in touches and Carlos Hyde could also carve out a role for himself. Etienne's injury may result in additional targets and backfield work for Laviska Shenault.
Robinson is now the RB23 in numberFire's fantasy rankings and our models project him for 248.9 carries, 1,085.8 rushing yards, 45.3 receptions (59.7 targets), 323.4 receiving yards, and 9.33 combined touchdowns. Hyde is the RB55 and projected for 83.0 receptions with 20.3 receptions (28.2 targets).
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) sidelined on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones sits out Football Team practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) remains idle for Football Team October 20th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) sitting out Washington's first practice October 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) sitting out Washington practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Jaguars big fans of Dan Arnold October 8th, 2021
- Laviska Shenault to play 'bigger role' in Jaguars offense October 7th, 2021
- Jags place D.J. Chark (ankle) on season-ending injured reserve October 4th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jaguars' D.J. Chark diagnosed with broken ankle September 30th, 2021
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark carted off with ankle injury, questionable to return September 30th, 2021
- Jacksonville's Carlos Hyde inactive for Week 4's matchup against Bengals September 30th, 2021