Vikings' Irv Smith Jr. ready "to be the starting guy" in 2021
Minnesota Vikings tight end Irv Smith Jr. is excited to be the top option at the position in 2021.
Veteran Kyle Rudolph left in free agency this offseason to play with the Giants, leaving Smith as the de facto TE1. He believes he can be in line for a breakout season. "I'm very confident," Smith told reporters Wednesday. "I just wanted to come out of this camp and grind and prove I want to be the starting guy. I can make plays, and I can help this team in any way possible." Smith is certainly more dynamic than his predecessor, and he has been split out wide a few times during the preseason. He should be looked at with upside later in drafts.
Our models currently project Smith for 55.73 catches on 86.44 targets for 584.95 yards and 5.73 touchdowns this season.
- Seahawks' Alex Collins (groin) expected to play in Week 7 clash with Saints October 23rd, 2021
- 49ers activate JaMychal Hasty (ankle) from Injured Reserve on Saturday October 23rd, 2021
- Darren Waller (ankle) listed as questionable on Raiders' Week 7 injury report October 23rd, 2021
- Damien Williams activated off Bears' Reserve/COVID-19 list October 23rd, 2021
- Garafolo: Seattle's Russell Wilson (finger) reportedly could return in Week 10 October 23rd, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (quad) ruled out for Colts' Week 7 matchup against 49ers October 23rd, 2021
- Vikings place Patrick Peterson (hamstring) on IR October 18th, 2021
- Kirk Cousins throws for 373 yards, 3 scores in Vikings' win October 17th, 2021
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (foot) cleared for Week 6 October 15th, 2021
- Justin Jefferson (ankle) good to go for Vikings against Panthers October 15th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) removed from Vikings injury report October 15th, 2021
- Adam Thielen (foot) not practicing with Vikings on Thursday October 14th, 2021