Minnesota's Irv Smith (meniscus) reportedly expected to miss start of regular season
According to Tom Pelissero, Minnesota Vikings tight end Irv Smith (meniscus) is expected to undergo surgery "that will sideline him for at least the start of the regular season."
Smith's exact timetable remains unknown but it appears Minnesota's young tight end could miss more than one regular season game after meniscus surgery. Expect Tyler Conklin to see a boost in playing time while Smith is sidelined.
According to Pro Football Focus on 212 receiving snaps last season, Conklin produced 19 receptions for 194 yards and a 54.5 receiving rating.
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (hamstring) may have suffered setback October 22nd, 2021
- Antonio Brown (ankle) ruled out for Buccaneers in Week 7 October 22nd, 2021
- Rob Gronkowski (ribs) ruled out Week 7 for Buccaneers October 22nd, 2021
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Vikings place Patrick Peterson (hamstring) on IR October 18th, 2021
- Kirk Cousins throws for 373 yards, 3 scores in Vikings' win October 17th, 2021
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (foot) cleared for Week 6 October 15th, 2021
- Justin Jefferson (ankle) good to go for Vikings against Panthers October 15th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) removed from Vikings injury report October 15th, 2021
- Adam Thielen (foot) not practicing with Vikings on Thursday October 14th, 2021