Vikings acquire Chris Herndon from Jets
The Minnesota Vikings acquired tight end Chris Herndon and a 2022 sixth-round pick from the New York Jets in exchange for a 2022 fourth-round selection.
Herndon was beat out by Tyler Kroft for the Jets' starting tight end job. The 2018 fourth-round pick will now have an opportunity to compete with Tyler Conklin for snaps and targets in Minnesota.
Herndon caught 31 passes for 287 yards and 3 touchdowns on 45 targets last season. He averaged the fourth-fewest yards per route out of the 43 tight ends with at least 30 targets.
- Glazer: Browns' Baker Mayfield also dealing with fractured shoulder October 21st, 2021
- Seattle's Alex Collins (groin) DNP on Thursday October 21st, 2021
- Denver's Teddy Bridgewater (foot) available for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Cleveland October 21st, 2021
- Noah Fant (foot) officially cleared for Broncos Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Odell Beckham (shoulder) reportedly active for Browns Thursday night October 21st, 2021
- Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) practicing Thursday for Saints October 21st, 2021
- Vikings place Patrick Peterson (hamstring) on IR October 18th, 2021
- Kirk Cousins throws for 373 yards, 3 scores in Vikings' win October 17th, 2021
- Vikings' Adam Thielen (foot) cleared for Week 6 October 15th, 2021
- Justin Jefferson (ankle) good to go for Vikings against Panthers October 15th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) removed from Vikings injury report October 15th, 2021
- Adam Thielen (foot) not practicing with Vikings on Thursday October 14th, 2021