Ryan Fitzpatrick (hip) lands on Football Team injured reserve
The Washington Football Team placed quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick on injured reserve with a hip injury.
Fitzpatrick injured his hip in the second quarter of Sunday's opening loss to the Los Angeles Chargers and it will sideline him for at least three games. Taylor Heinicke is the Football Team's new starting quarterback as they prepare for a Week 2 matchup with the New York Giants on Thursday night, which could be considered an upgrade for the offense based on Sunday's limited sample size. It will be just the third start of Heinicke's career, including the playoffs.
Fitzpatrick completed 3-of-6 passes for 13 yards in Week 1 before exiting and he targeted running backs on more than half his attempts while Terry McLaurin wasn't targeted once. Heinicke targeted McLaurin on 26.7 percent of his attempts. Fitzpatrick has added the fewest Passing Net Expected Points per drop back out of every quarterback to attempt a pass in Week 1.
- Tennessee's Julio Jones (hamstring) sidelined on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Lance (knee) DNP on Wednesday, not expected to play in Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Carolina's Terrace Marshall (concussion) DNP on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Jimmy Garoppolo (calf) limited for 49ers on Wednesday, expected to be available for Week 7 October 20th, 2021
- Giants' Kadarius Toney (ankle) not practicing Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Ricky Seals-Jones sits out Football Team practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Curtis Samuel (groin) remains idle for Football Team October 20th, 2021
- Terry McLaurin (hamstring) sitting out Washington's first practice October 20th, 2021
- Antonio Gibson (shin) sitting out Washington practice Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shin) undergoing MRI October 18th, 2021
- Football Team's Antonio Gibson (shin) questionable to return Sunday October 17th, 2021